Established in 2007, under the recommendation of Dr. Raj Suryanarayanan, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Student Chapter has seen 10 years of excellence coupled with growth and expansion. Starting with 24 members, Chapter now has more than 90 members. The Chapter portrays the ideology “Of the students, by the students and for the students”; wherein it strives to fulfill the needs of students by organizing talk sessions on diverse topics; from scientific advancements to professional development. Driven by committed and zealous executive student body, Chapter provides hands-on experience of event management and an opportunity to communicate and build relationships with professionals of the field. It works for the betterment of students, both “on- and off-campus” by organizing community outreach drives and interactive sessions. The chapter has also stepped into various activities such as industry visits, workshops, student’s journal clubs and it also marks its presence in AAPS and other international conferences.
The Chapter is flourishing at ever increasing pace, doing multiple activities to embody the purpose of AAPS Student Chapter. It is growing in reputation as a driving force for knowledge based awareness.
The mission of AAPS NIPER Student Chapter is to promote participation of students in various AAPS activities, increase awareness to latest advances in pharmaceutical sciences, provide opportunities for professional and personal growth, improve soft-skills and leadership qualities, involve them in different cultures and ensure inclusive growth.
- To organize events such as lectures, workshops, industrial visits, journal club, webinar, symposium, conference and outreach program
- To endow the students with knowledge of professional awareness and the latest advances and discoveries in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- To provide opportunities for academic growth, professional and leadership development
- To increase awareness of career opportunities in the pharmaceutical sciences
- To participate in AAPS outreach activities at the local, regional and national levels, boost communication and networking